Brandon Jacob’s career spans 23 years and includes extensive experience in business valuations, mergers and acquisitions, profit improvements, finance and accounting. Specific to the air conditioning and plumbing contracting trades, Brandon has 18 years of assisting in the sale and purchase of contracting businesses ranging from $100,000 to $50,000,000 in annual revenues. Most recently Brandon served as the Chief Financial Officer of the Western Zone of American Residential Services, LLC. where he was accountable for over $180,000,000 in budgeted revenues spanning across seven states and twenty-five operating centers.
Brandon currently operates Contractors Financial Opportunity, LLC, a financial consulting firm specializing in guiding owners of privately held contracting businesses in the areas of businesses valuations and exit strategies. With over ten years of consulting, Brandon has managed to successfully guide multiple businesses through successful transactions including:
- Implementation of multiple year exit strategies, resulting in the successful sale of businesses
- Sale of privately held HVAC businesses to publicly traded utility/national operating businesses
- Sale of privately held HVAC and plumbing businesses to private individuals
- Sale of privately held HVAC businesses to privatively held HVAC contractors
- Divestures of HVAC and plumbing branches of national HVAC and plumbing business
- Due diligence projects for buyers analyzing acquisition candidates
- Acquisition candidate prospecting for all levels of buyers
- Transaction negotiations for all levels of buyers
- Completion of valuation projects representing $200,000,000 in HVAC and plumbing revenues
Prior to forming Contractors Financial Opportunity, LLC in 2002, Brandon acquired residential service HVAC, plumbing and drain cleaning contractors for American Residential Services (at the time a division of ServiceMaster, Inc.) As an Acquisition Specialist, Brandon was responsible for business development throughout the United States and assisted in the successful acquisition of 23 contractors from January 2000 until late 2002.