Do you envision selling your business one day, but feel uncertain on how or when to begin planning?
Discover the secrets of executing a successful exit strategy with the help of Brandon Jacob, a CPA who has dedicated his career to assisting businesses owners understanding the value, preparing for the transition and navigating through the hidden minefields that lay between an entrepreneur and the successful sale of his business.
The most important day of any business is the day in which the owner successfully transitions his business. The sale may be to a strategic buyer, an investor, another entrepreneur, to a family member or even an employee. Regardless who purchases the business; a successful sale is only possible supported by the formulation and execution of an exit strategy. Gaining an understanding of how to prepare for the sale of your business and the risks associated with unsuccessful attempts are valuable and critical pieces of information that will ensure the sale is successful.
Operation Exit Strategy takes the business owner through mission critical steps in preparing his business for sale. Drawing parallels to the Allied Invasion of Normandy on June 6, 1944 (D-Day), Operation Exit Strategy drives home the importance of not only planning, but timing as well. The fate of the free world does not hinge your ability the successfully transition your business, its much more important than that! Successfully selling your business means maximizing the return on your investment of time and money that you have undoubtingly poured into the profitable enterprise. Like D-Day where planning resulted in a successful invasion of Europe, planning for the sale of your business will ultimately meant the difference between success and failure.
In this book, you will discover…
- The importance of planning and timing
- Risks of venturing into negotiations with-out being prepared
- The importance of understanding the value of your business
- How the business owner must present himself to potential investors
- What you must know about your business before contacting potential investors
- What makes a business sellable
- Exit strategy key word definitions and explanations
- Mission critical areas to focus on including;
- Landmines that will result in a failed missions
About the Author, Brandon Jacob
Brandon operates Contractors Financial Opportunity, LLC, a financial consulting firm specializing in guiding owners of privately held air conditioning and plumbing businesses. With over 18 years of industry specific experience, Brandon has successfully….
- Completed the valuation projects representing $250,000,000 in revenues
- Implemented multi-year exit strategies resulting in the sale of businesses
- Provided sellers with guidance in transactions with national companies, utilities, private contractors and investors
- Divested branches of national contracting companies
- Conducted acquisition due diligence for investors
- Completed transaction negotiations for all levels of investors
- Guided investors in purchasing contracting businesses